The content is streamed in small batches from a source and you can watch the content without any delay. This saves you the hassle of waiting for the download to complete before you can watch it.
These IPTV set-top boxes are designed to receive packets of video streaming, decrypt it and convert them into a video format that could be played easily based on the resolution of your HDTV and the screen size.
There are three types of IPTV services available to consumers, including:
- Live Television
- Catch up Television (Replay shows that are telecasted days before)
- Video On Demand (Choose from a selection of videos to play)
Things You Need To Watch IPTV On Your HDTV Are:
IPTV set top box
Ethernet cable (optional but recommended)
Although the connection process might vary based on the set top box you have selected and the model of your HDTV, here is a general method for connecting the IPTV set top box with your HD TV.
- Connect the set top box to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Plug in the set top box and HD TV by using the adapter provided in the box.
- Set up your network. Use your Wi-Fi connection for wireless connectivity and connect your router to the IPTV set top box with an Ethernet cable in case you don’t have a wireless connection.
- Configure your Wi-Fi by typing in the network name and password.
Follow these instructions and connect your IPTV setup box to internet to stream content on your HD TV.